Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 69 - The Gratitude Day



It's 3:45pm, a few hours before the party at my yoga centre. There still seems to be a million things to do, but I figured I'd take a break now, while I still can. I have sequestered myself at my parent's house, which is just a few minutes away from the studio.

Tonight is a celebration of gratitude for all the supportive people in my life and for all those who contributed their energy in making Om West special. In the spirit of gratitude, I decided to dedicate my 108 practice to the people I appreciate. I included my 9:30 am class in part of this ritual, which was further enhanced by the beauty of lake this morning. Every six sun salutations, we honored a different person. I envisioned the person happy and healthy and recalled happy memories of time spent together. It was a beautiful way to channel my energy and ground myself. I am so thankful to be surrounded by great friends, great family and great students. I was a bit overcome by emotion thinking.

I must now ready myself for this evening. I will tell you all about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment