Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 62- Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight


It's Friday night and the end of a tremulous week (and exactly two months into this mission). Craig is in the kitchen making pizza and I just got home. I feel tired, but I am less sensitive then yesterday. I'm contemplative.

Practicing outside in the sunshine today did me a world of good. I did my sun salutations by the lake near Om West. The temperature was perfect and the breeze was magic. I felt a release. Under the healing rays of the sun, the ebb and flow of breath and movement felt soothing and deeply cleansing. I started to feel really grateful for this opportunity to transform. I know what I'm doing is extreme, but this is my pilgrimage and my journey towards enlightenment. Sometimes I feel far away and alone, and other times it feels like I'm being cradled in the hands of God, if only for a moment.

In the fine words of the Bare Naked Ladies:
"Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight. Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight..."



No comments:

Post a Comment