Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 99 - Rumi


As with many artistic souls, poetry has always been a source of inspiration for me. I am particularly fascinated by the work of Rumi, and one poem in particular has captured my heart since it was introduced to me at the beginning of my teaching path almost 10 years ago.

Here it is:

I would love to kiss you.
The price of kissing is your life.


Now my loving is running toward my life

shouting
What a bargain! Let's buy it.


Gamble everything for love,

if you are a true human being.
If not, leave this gathering.

Half-heartedness doesn't reach into majesty.

You set out to find God, but then you keep

stopping for long periods

at meanspirited roadhouses.

Don't wait and longer.

Dive in the ocean,
leave

& let the sea be you.


Silent, absent,
walking

an empty road,

all praise.


These words have never meant more to me, then now...

No comments:

Post a Comment