Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 100 - A place of release and ease


I can't believe it's day 100... 10,800 sun salutations...

I feel so good. I feel grounded and relaxed. And for the first time since I can remember, I feel free from the conscious and unconscious need for approval. I have entered a beautiful space that is harmonious and pure. I full of gratitude.

This morning, I met with my teacher, who I previously mentioned said he strongly disagreed with what I was planning. Our meeting went really well. I was happy to see him. It had been a while. I knew he was going to ask me tough questions, which he did. I answered openly, honestly, and stayed genuinely positive. I felt really stable talking about the 108 days of sun salutations and the upcoming 32 hour practice. I even made him laugh a few times. He said he was basically concerned about two issues: my safety and my motivations. Both valid.

We talked about the safety concerns, and he was a bit worried because he remembers me as being quite flexible, but not very strong. I told him that in the last six months, I have been trying to decrease my flexibility and increase my strength, which I feel I have done. He said he didn't quite know how I should build a sustainable practice, but we ended up discussing a few ideas that make sense.

As for his concern about my motivations, I shared with him my sincere desire to follow my unique path of healing and self-realization to which this event has become a part of. I also said I was doing this publicly in order to raise money for the Stephen Lewis Foundation and to share my experience with others. Nevertheless, he, quote, "hates yoga hype." That's ok. I understand this point.

Anyway, in the end, he offered some suggestions on how I should practice leading up to next week's big event and how to make the process more holistic.

Everything in its right place.

I feel at ease.

PS I now have a fundraising page, so if you are inclined, you can sponsor me online with a donation to the Stephen Lewis Foundation and receive an instant tax receipt:

Thank you. I really appreciate it.




2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that it went well... I have a practice on the way for you :-)
    xo, Christine.

    ReplyDelete