Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 43 - Event hopping



This week has been insane. Since Wednesday, I've attended six events, hosted two of them, and did 540 sun salutations. I'm officially exhausted, but my wrist is feeling much better today.

It's Sunday evening, 9:30pm and I just came in from a Yoga Jeans™ photo shoot for CHARLIE*SATTVA*yoga- à-porter boutique on Bernard Street in Mile End. We shot five styles of jeans in three or four colors. In case you haven't heard of them, this Yoga Jeans™ line is all the rage now. Super stylish, super stretchy and super comfortable.

This morning, I joined the Yoga Mala event on Mount Royal. Hosted by two Montreal yoga teachers, Dawn and Bram, this annual 108 outdoor practice was held in support of Garde Manger pour Tous, a local non-profit organization that provides healthy meals and food education to underprivileged families in Montreal and helps new-immigrants. The 60 participants raised more than $7000.

There were yogis from all different disciplines and levels of experience. The practice was divided into 12 sets and each of the nine sets was led by a different teacher. I originally was just there as a participant, but I ended up teaching a set last minute, because someone couldn't make it. It was wonderful to practice outside with so many people. It would be nice to have a community practice every Sunday in Parc Jeanne Mance during the summer. But, alas, I think my schedule is pretty full over the next couple of months.

On the topic of bookings, I have three community practices coming up this week:
  • Mon, May 31 (2:30-4:30pm) -- 108 Sun Salutations on the waterfront just near my studio, Om West, 46 Ste Anne Street, Pointe Claire Village, H9S4B4
  • Thurs, June 3 (7:00-8:30pm) -- 54 Sun Salutations + Meditation, CHARLIE*SATTVA*yoga-à-porter, 260 Bernard Street West, RSVP 514-510-5788
  • Sun, June 6 (9:00am-12:00pm) -- 108 Sun Salutations + Veggie Potluck Brunch, Loft Crudessence, 5333 Casgrain, Suite 801, RSVP 514-271-0333
*FYI, for the month of June, I am raising money for the David Suzuki Foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment