Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jan 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know I've been a little lax on my blogging lately and I apologize for that.  There was a lot of studio related craziness before the holidays and Christmas was nuts, as it usually is.

I imagine you are recovering from a wonderful evening of toasting and carousing. How did you bring in the New Year? With family and friends? Quietly? Reflectively? Can you believe that I got to bed at 8 am today?! Neither can I. 

We're staying just outside of Toronto at our friend Ryan's pad, and we missed the last Go Train heading from the city back to Burlington. So we wandered around downtown T.O. for a while, connecting with friends speckled around the CBD. Eventually, we ended up back at the house party we started at. We rested on our friend's couch for a couple of hours and took the first train out at 6:45am. I almost never pull all nighters, so I'm feeling a little groggy today. At least the two glasses of champagne I nursed all night aren't weighing as heavy on me as the beverages consumed by my beloved, who despite his headache is oddly playing Ryan's Guitar Hero video game...

It's unusually warm outside. I think the temperature is something like +12, and it's damp and cloudy, so it feels a lot like London. I just finished my first 108 of 2011 and get this, I did a set of 18 outside on the balcony in my pajamas! It was really refreshing and probably could have done more, but I was near the end of my practice.

As with every January 1st, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Perhaps more so this year than previous ones, because of all the extraordinary events of 2010. It really was most incredible 12 months of my life to date. My mom says than what you do on Jan. 1 sets the tone for the rest of the year. It did last year. We were staying with friends in the Eastern Townships, two hours south east of Montreal and I got up before everyone and did 108 sun salutations in the basement then proceeded to do nine consecutive days of 108.

Today, I am happy to be with Craig and Ryan, happy to be writing, and happy to think about heading off to St Maarten tomorrow with Craig for two weeks of beach strolling, lounging, reading, writing, exploring and yoga-ing. Amazing. I am so grateful.

I wish you all the best, my friend.

May 2011 bring you exciting adventures, beautiful sun sets, stimulating conversations, deep contemplations, blissful meditations,  mind alerting revelations, divine inspirations,  cosmic creations, sweet dinner parties, great music, health, wealth, friendship, joy and love.



PS  Vegetarian recipes coming... Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!! I'm looking forward to another year of posts. I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete